Submitted: 06-06-2011 by KW

I have had my Marvel 12 for 2 years! I love it! It is easy to get in and out. My favorite part is that I could take my 35 lb dog with lifejacket on trips. She was able to sit up, and lie down in the bow. I bought the mesh pad for the bottom of the kayak for her as it allows the little bit of water I drip in to go to the bottom and not have my dog wet all day. It is also stable enough that when she gets excited and jumps up on the side, I could counterbalance till I got her settled again. I have the teal and have taken it into the boundary water for short trips. It turns great, and has a shallow draw. I bought a cheap kayak for a spare for friends and the Marvel is SOOO much better. The Marvel glides through the water. Also, recently I went out on a lake with high winds and high waves, The kayak handled beautifully, the wind didn't push me around and I "rode" the waves. It was a LOT of work getting back while I hugged the shore to decrease the waves working against me. Great fun!