Submitted: 06-05-2011 by Big Al

I looked at a lot of kayaks along the way. The Perception line, old river, fought between sit on top and sit in. Looked and tried some 2-grand kayaks. Then along came this super sale and the Pungo 120. Here's what sold me.
  1. The hull.
    Faster then most 12 footers and remarkably stable. Tracks extremely well.
  2. The dry wells.
    None of this rubber cap business you have to snap on. Yes, its cheaper but it's time consuming and not very practical while you are on the move. The dual handles provide an water tight fit. I also got the half dash with it's dry well for my cell phone and GPS. Filled the kayak on purpose and everything stayed dry.

...and maybe most important for me:

3. The seat.
    I'm nearly 6 feet 4 and trying to adjust straps while you're moving is a pain and can tip you over. The simple pull strap in the middle to raise and lower the back is genius. The pull handle on the side and back strap works great.
And finally, I bought a mini bimini top from a place called Kayak Kanopy. It's a little pricey in my estimation but in Florida with all our sun it has been a God send. Fiberglass rods fit in the rear pole hold.. straps up front and back. I went out for 3 hours on Tampa Bay with little sunscreen and didn't even turn red. Weighs 5 pounds.

Only... minor complaint.
It's a little hard to empty all the water in it because the kayak is so well formed with no drain holes. Picky, huh?

I'd recommend Pungo to anyone. The Prodigy 10 is nice, but again the hull design on this kayak is far more stable.
Have fun with it. I sure am!!!