Submitted: 06-05-2011 by mark

Consider this: every prior reviewer has given the Andromeda a 10/10, and this isn't a boat that people buy if they haven't owned or paddled a few. I don't think I have ever read another boat review that rated this high this consistently, and as an Andromeda owner I know why. I passionately love this boat, and there have been many before her.

Forgetting waterline length arguments and primary/secondary arguments, the plain fact is that as a package it is as close to perfect for me as I think I will ever get. Unlike the Extreme and other long/narrow performance boats I have paddled the Andromeda doesn't float on top like a cork. It seems to balance dig-in and float-on perfectly. Maybe I am just the right size or something (I am 180, 5'11, thanks for asking).

As for not being as fast as this or that...maybe on some graph, but paddler and water conditions negate minor differences, and I will take this sure footed boat over any purpose-built speedster.
If you can find one...buy it.