Submitted: 06-04-2011 by KayakerDeb

I've had my new 2011 Cobra Kayak Navigator out a few times now - and I really love this model!! It's just the best all-around kayak for anything you want to do - it'll surf big waves; get you through the twisty stuff on a near-flood-stage river; or take you for a perfectly lazy lake paddle. It's stable beyond belief; feels like a much narrower boat when you paddle it (doesn't knock your knuckles!); tracks straight and doesn't weathercock, yet a sweep stroke turns it on a dime. I let my elementary-age grandkids paddle it around on our lake without any worries.

Mine is the "Recreational Model" with hatches and rod holders (the rod holders work perfectly for taping a 360-degree light to a piece of PVC for nighttime paddles!!). I like the new center carry-handles that flip out of the way while sitting! And after watching a friend lose his $500 camera when his kayak's rubber hatch lid popped open during a capsize - I REALLY appreciate the locking hatch toggles on the Cobra kayaks!! The front hatch is huge - I carry my disassembled boat cart in there!

I appreciate the stability of this kayak - I've paddled it many times during Michigan winters (even did a few mild whitewater runs); and stayed dry and comfortable. It's a cinch I don't want to risk a tipover when it's 20-degrees outside - so that's why I LOVE the Navigator!