Submitted: 06-04-2011 by KayakerDeb

I just brought home the improved 2011 Cobra Kayaks Tourer, and I LOVE it!! Some of the changes I noticed from the one I tried last year: the rudder lines are now through-hull (nothing to get snagged on); I like the toggled foot-pedal tension adjustment; I LOVE the new flip-out mid-boat carry handles (so you're not sitting against them as you paddle); there's a pulley to make the rudder lift/lower line run smoothly; and they've sealed off a set of scuppers that probably didn't drain much anyway.

At 15' long, it paddles like a dream, with or without the sea rudder. It sits a little lower in the water than my Cobra Navigator, (I still stay dry in moderate chop) but that keeps the winds on our big lake from affecting the boat. It has scads of storage - way more than I'll ever use use, although my 35 lb dog has adopted the tankwell as his "seat"! And that's the nice thing about this kayak - even though it's sleek and fast - it's still rock-solid stable. Even the dog leaning over the side of the boat to get a drink doesn't make it feel tippy.

I can't say that I plan to paddle this down any of Michigan's narrow twisty rivers - I'll leave that to the Navigator. But if you want to simply cruise, especially for any kind of distance...this is a great boat!!