Submitted: 06-03-2011 by Mary

I have had this boat for two years and I love it. It adjusts well to my small size and is light enough for me to load onto my car myself. It handles well in the water and is a good all-round river/lake boat.

I took it on Paddle Georgia last summer. That week-long trip included everything from rapids to open lake. It never tipped, never swamped, and was able to cross the lake as well. Out of our group of about 400 paddlers this boat was considered one of the best all purpose boats. The long boats couldn't handle rapids and whitewater without tipping or swamping. The short boats wore out the paddler on the lake. This one was deemed just right.

The local kayak club does not encourage short boats. I went on a trip with them and borrowed a Carolina for my first trip out. Then I went out with another paddler on a short trip with my own Rhythm 11. I was told that it was fine to use it, because it did as well as the longer boats, and that I did not need to rush out and buy anything else. I was glad about that because I was more comfortable in my own little boat.

I have not had all that much trouble tracking; I just adjust my stroke. It turns very well. It is extremely stable and doesn't brace the same as a tippier boat, but it will still turn. It is not as fast as a 14 or 16 foot boat, but then that is the trade off.