Submitted: 06-02-2011 by nymtber
I got this kayak in replacement for another that did not track as well as I wished. Have only been out once, in very rough water with high winds, and as long as the kayak is pointed into the wind or even cross wind, it tracks very well. With 20mph winds at your back, it takes a bit to keep it straight, but there is the ability to add a rudder. This is not, by any means at all, a whitewater boat. More suited to open water and slow moving, deep creeks. Great boat for touring smaller lakes!

Stability was very good, and with the hard chine, it edges very nicely, making the boat maneuver more like a shorter boat. Paddling hard resulted in very little yaw, which helps with tracking and glide.

I think there is plenty of dry storage space, and yes a little water got in, I think most from hosing the kayak off when I got home. The seat is comfortable, and offers a lot of adjustment. I wish it had thigh braces, but I think I can work with the foot braces and back rest to get a good hold of the kayak.

Overall, for the money, I think this kayak earns a 9. Tracking in tailwind could be better, but I don't paddle much in wind, so not an issue really. Also, thigh braces would have earned it a 10, but would have also increased the cost. I recommend this to anyone looking to tour some small lakes or deep slower moving creeks/rivers. If you have a problem with tracking, a rudder kit can help take care of that!