Submitted: 05-31-2011 by marlin410

well, I have had the Outdoorsman Rack set up for several years now and there are a couple of things that need to be looked at occasionally. most recently I gave the rack system a quick once over and found one of the crossbars unusually loose. Upon inspection I discovered one of the capscrews had simply sheared off with the other not far behind. The broken screw section had to be drilled out removed and then I replaced all of them with new stainless screws that I hope are stronger than the factory ones. It was scary how easily I was able to drill the old screw out with a cheap chinese drill bit! the other thing to check frequently is where the upright sections bolt to the bed, especially if your bed rail is partially plastic, your bed rail may require modification for a good fit.