Submitted: 05-31-2011 by Christian

I purchased the scanoe as an alternative for ponds, lakes, and creeks that I could not get my bass boat into. Wow what a great investment, I load my scanoe into the top of my pacific with a yakima canoe carrying kit. The scanoe at 55lbs is not that heavy at all compared to other canoes at 80lbs+. With some care I can load and unload it myself but it is much easier with help. I use a 36lb thrust Minn Kota endura with a deep cycle battery and can run all day with no problem. I would definitely recommend installing a padded canoe or Jon boat seat as well as a tiller extension handle as steering is a bit uncomfortable from the back without them. For solo trips I load my battery in the front of the canoe with my gear in the middle for proper weight distribution. I have a bigfoot i/o peddle installed so sometimes I will turn the motor on full speed and steer with the paddle. The boat tracks really well and is stable enough to stand and fish from. I plan to install a fish finder, running lights, and pole holders for trolling. Well worth the $300 I would definitely buy another!