Submitted: 05-28-2011 by qascat

I have had my Dagger now for close to 2 years and would not trade it for anything. I made a few changes to the seat in the beginning but since have changed then back because of the type of water I use it on. I still have a second seatback I change out when I am on flat water or not going to be in fast water. I changed the footpegs out and put in a wider peg just because I have big feet.

Many of the complaints I have seen in the reviews are things that simple modification can rectify. The seat back in it is made for a high stance and proper form in the boat so the complaint of the seat back goes away if you learn the proper sitting stance for the boat. I have taught over 10 people how to kayak in my approach all complained about the seat till they learned proper form and paddle technique.

I upped my rating from a 7 to an 8 just because of the fact that this is one of the best cross over boats on the market and perfect for teaching novice paddlers. I can go from flat water to playing in class III to ClassIV without a problem and recently had it on a few class V without problem, although it did flood the back hatch area as the cover is not exactly tight enough for that kind of pressure and volume of water pounding on it.
Happy paddling.