Submitted: 05-21-2011 by scootchels

With greatest respect to everyone's opinion, I feel this boat is misunderstood and somewhat maligned in this forum. The Barracuda fits a niche that no one else really does - a little compromised, high performance touring boat. The Prijon Trihedral design (which is commonly called hard-chined) and narrow beam does make the boat a bit squirrelly, but it is not a flaw in the design but rather the design itself. The payoff is an excellent performer that is fast and turns with a lean. This is the same trade that high-performance glass boats have made for years with much accolade. Add in that Prijon has some of the best plastic tech in the business and you have one excellent and purpose built craft.

This boat is NOT for everyone. If you do not want to accept squirrelyness for performance then there are many other better choices. If you are willing to pay the price you will get a lively and willing playmate in the Barracuda. Please do not get "sold" this boat. If you are looking for a boat like this you already know it.

I have paddled for over 20 years and have owned as many boats. This is one of my fav's and I would compare it in performance to some of the glass rockets I have owned, only cheaper and more durable.

I would take this boat anywhere, and while I do white-knuckle a bit in rougher seas it isn't worse than other 21" hard chiners.