Submitted: 05-14-2011 by alcycle

I purchased a '02 Dagger 'Charleston' from CRAIG'S List in May 2011! I will use it for Florida's Inter Coastal waterways near Daytona Beach. This is a really nice comfortable craft! It is well suited for these waters. I am 6'& about 195lbs, so it is a perfect size for me....& easy in & out. The low bowlines make for some bow splash, but it is not too affected by cross wind.

This Yak NEEDS the skeg/rudder system down all times! It handles like it was a 16' Yak with some mild rocker. With the rudder up...the hull will turn with no forward movement...great for gymkhanas & figure 8 races!! One has to use too many corrective strokes, so the rudder is a must! This rudder (aluminum) needs to be kept free of sand or it will jam, so I redesigned it with a mounted spring attachment & Zip ties!!!! The spring keeps the rudder forced down & the zip movement help flush out any sand!! This modify works great & I use the skeg/rudder all the time!!!

All in all really nice & did I mention some speed! I own a 17' Tempest & a 12' Pungo, with I used to compare too. I also have paddled many other Yaks, as I belong to a Paddling Club.