Submitted: 05-13-2011 by sb

I've had this kayak for a year and enjoy paddling it. I wanted a good multi-purpose kayak. This is my 3rd kayak and is the best so far. I wanted a boat that I could take out on Lake Superior in wind protected waters and rivers. It's a little short for big water but handled fine and turns well for a 14ft boat on small rivers.

Like others have said, it's quick but only to a certain point, you can paddle harder but it won't go any faster! I hardly use the skeg but packing the rear hatch is more difficult because of the room the skeg box and cable take up. I've used other 14 ft boats that had bigger rear hatches and room to store a second paddle in which is nice on trips; with this kayak, it won't fit - I put it on top.

The only other thing I've noticed is the skeg box drops down at the back, so if you slide over river logs, the skeg box will catch it at the back instead of sliding over smoothly. If I drag it across sand the skeg box will dig in, so I drag it backwards.