Submitted: 05-11-2011 by waterrat

I have been paddling for the last two years and was borrowing friends kayaks and renting until a recent purchase of the Stingray 12, I love it. I tested various other kayaks and was about to purchase the Dagger Axis 12, but also loved the Pungo 120. Both were very similar. Then I found the Stingray 12 for a much better price.

This kayak is almost identical to the Pungo 120 (best selling kayak) and it feels the same in the water. It tracks great with the slight "V" hull as the Pungo. It is more of a hybrid in that you can use it in lakes for greater ease in paddling, and rivers up to class II rapids. I did catch on some shallow rocks twice on the river, but did not flip!

The slight V hull does mean it will give into turning better, on rocks as well with the river current! But I wanted more of a hybrid for the versatility. If you want the same out of your kayak, I would highly recommend this Stingray 12. Be sure to do your research prior to purchasing and get the kayak that will best suit your needs.