Submitted: 05-08-2011 by wasabi11
Just picked up my Whisky 16 after demo-ing one last fall for 3 days and taking a few day trips in a borrowed boat, and I am very excited. Had ordered it in March. I had been looking at Hurricane Kakays Cat 5, a Necky Looksha Elite, and I Necky Eliza composite. Price wise, it fell in the middle of the 2 Necky boats, came with a compass, and the seat is much more comfy than the Neckys. I do own a Necky boat already- so the seat thing is already an issue with me lol. The Cat 5 is more of a flat water boat and does not have a front bulkhead or storage for extended trips.

Footpegs are easily adjusted and feel secure. Will report back if that is not the case when I use the (optional) rudder. They did an incredible job putting this boat together!!!

I have the fiberglass layup, in a turquoise green color and it has a deep sheen and nice gel coat. I like the little hatch in the front, and the fact that it is so fun to paddle. I used it with my AB Carbon Surge, also new, and my old BB Journey.

This is my first skeg boat, but I don't thing I will need rudder much, unless things get dicey. It IS a little wobbly on the get-go, but very solid on secondary stabilty. I believe it is 57 lbs. My other boat is rotomold and about the same weight, but bulkier, so it seems harder to load than the Whisky.

THIS BOAT CAN TURN ON A DIME!

I got a really good deal with a carbon fiber paddle and Ultra- Lite Spray skirt as a package with my boat. Being a female, loading and unloading are always a concern, but I was able to get it on the car and get it home in one piece and unload it pretty easily.

It is my third decent boat, and I am very happy I got it. Will report back if any of this changes.