Submitted: 05-08-2011 by wasabi11
This was given to me as a gift, so I will try to be nice. It is certainly not what I would have purchased for myself. It is VERY heavy- I lived near New Orleans when I got it, and it made my 'yak like a sauna. I am in Wisconsin now, and the warmth is nice, but it is just too heavy. I am 5 ft 8 and 145 pounds, so getting back into by boat in the middle of the Gulf or Lake Michigan is a pain in the arse. Once I wrestle it on, I can roll and it is watertight. I do not like the feeling of being trapped in a boat- this is too excessive for my likes. It has a neoprene waist, very little "give" and is more trouble than it's worth, really. I have borrowed a lighter skirt and was happier with it. I use it on a Necky Zoar Sport, which is a really dry boat anyway, and a Point65 Whisky that I bought an Ultra-Lite skirt for. Night and day difference! If you live in a warm climate like New Orleans and don't go out in super rough seas, I would get something lighter. Even up here in WI I would not buy this for myself.