Submitted: 03-18-1999 by SLM

I am an average sized female (125lbs/5'6") and I have found that the Swifty is perfect for someone of my size. It is easy to carry down to the water and get up onto the rack. It handles fairly well, but of course it takes a little effort to get any kind of speed going. The large cockpit opening allows for easy "in and out." In fact, it is so large that I am able to sit my four-year-old son in front of me and paddle quite comfortably. Before you try this though make sure that you and your child do not hit the max weight for the kayak, which I believe is around 200lbs. I use it mainly in the creeks here in SC and it is wonderful for getting into spots overgrown with vegetation that a lager kayak could not get into. Great boat to start out with. I am teaching my seven-year-old to paddle it.

Ally Folding Canoes: