Submitted: 05-06-2011 by jpcorrigan
I have had my WS Tarpon 160 for several years now. I bought it new and it was my first and only yak. I purchased it with the rudder system installed. I don't see changing to any other make or model.

I use it for fishing and have added several creature features. The large hatch covers made the instillation easy. I am planning on a trip through the Everglades and finding I will have plenty of room for gear and provisions.

One purchases a long boat for speed and tracking and the Tarpon 160 has both. That being said turning a 16' boat around in a narrow channel with paddles is a chore for anyone; the rudder system is a big help. Nothing beats boat length at the end of the day and several miles to paddle back. The tracking and glide length of the Tarpon 160 makes you happy with your purchase. As with everyone else the weight going up and on a SUV is an issue. I just say it's keeping me fit.

Comparing this to other brands, there is not a better built or one with better features. Again, I don't see a reason to change make or model and would recommend this boat to anyone.