Submitted: 05-05-2011 by Ericdude

This is my first kayak. I was using a friends kayak and decided to get my own. I have to say for a beginners kayak and priced at $300 you really can't go wrong. It tracks from what I can tell just fine. Turns easy and is stable enough so I don't freak out!

I usually kayak calm waters in bays, creeks, etc. You will get a little wet from splash in choppy or rough water, but for me that's part of the whole experience. But if not for you I'm sure a spray skirt will fix the problem. I plan on going camping with this kayak and I think the sternwell will come in handy for the little gear I will need. It also has two holes in the stern well for self-bailing. I was told you could buy plugs for them if you want. There is a cup holder between your legs which I doubt I'll use since I use camelbaks but you can still set something there I suppose. It also has a handy console in front of you to easily store stuff and get to.

This review is coming from a complete novice just to remind you but if you are interested in kayaking and would like to buy one without investing a few paychecks buy this one! I'm happy with it :)