Submitted: 08-12-2000 by C W

My wife and I just bought an Old Town kayak( Castine) and we traded in our sit on top kayaks for them. We enjoyed them, and after taking lessons, the instructor said,"by fall you'll both want something longer and faster" and she was right. We tried out a Waldon Vista, to see if we would(or could) get used to the cockpit and it was no problem, but the comfort was NOT there for us in the Waldon. We could not find a dealer that would let us try a Castine out, as they can not even get hold of any, so we took a chance and bought them any way. Well, we lucked out, and we are really happy with them. We go out every single night for at least two hours, and cannot tell you how happy we are with these kayaks.They track really great, are fassssst! and very stabile. These are our second Old Town purchase, and they came through as usual, and made a great product. Have let my fellow kayakers try them and one has already gone out and bought one. The others cannot find them anywhere. I think Old Town, did not have any idea how fast these Castine's were going to sell, as I have been told by several dealers that they have back orders and wished they could get their hands on more of them. We had to buy one locally, and then drive another fifty miles to get another, but it was well worth it. The only complaint (and not really a big deal with us) is the advertised paddle holder which did not come with the kayaks as they did advertise in their brochure. They need to correct that, as some people might get more upset with it then we did. We were looking for comfort and that seat is most definately the most comfortable seat you will EVER find in any kayak made today!! I give this wonderful kayak a BIG plus and a 10 for sure. We plan on having these for qiute some time. Thanks Old Town !!!!!!!