Submitted: 05-02-2011 by Eric E. Haas

I have the Salmon colored version, which is spectacularly beautiful. I usually wear an NRS HydroSilk shirt underneath.

I've only used this thing in the off-season (i.e., when the water is near-freezing). When working hard, it keeps me toasty and relatively dry (still get somewhat wet from sweat -- the gore-tex may breath, but never as much as you'd like). I presume that, if you paddle at a more leisurely pace, it would be adequate if you just wore something warmer underneath it.

The seals at the neck, wrist, and waist do an adequate job keeping most of the water out for short immersions. I use a surf-ski -- so when I capsize, I'm not in the water for long. Basically, for my ten-second or so immersions in near-freezing water, this product keeps out virtually all water. However, if you stay in the water long-enough, it would presumably fill up.

I'm very happy with this product.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: