Submitted: 05-02-2011 by Eric E. Haas

I have the ONNO Carbon Small-Mid Endurance Race Wing.
Before buying, Patrick Works, the owner of ONNO, spent lots of time on the phone with me helping me decide what to buy.

The paddle is exceptionally light. The adjustment ferrule is lock-solid secure, but easy to use. I don't think that much more can be said here other than light, great adjustment ferrule, great service, high quality manufacturing.

Patrick is truly a pleasure to work with. He is one of "the good guys" in this business. I give it a "9" just because, in my mind, it is difficult to imagine anything being "perfect". How could this be improved? Don't know.

I also have an Epic Mid Wing with Medium Flex Shaft. The only material difference between that and the ONNO that I am able to discern is that the Epic has an oval shaft cross-section (a.k.a., "indexed") and the ONNO does not. Before I bought it, this concerned me about the ONNO. But several folks (including Patrick) suggested that it doesn't seem to be necessary to have the indexed shaft. After using it, I tend to agree.

So basically, I have no preference between my ONNO and my Epic paddles. I shift back and forth between them.