Submitted: 04-22-2011 by Robin Pomerantz

At last weeks Kayak Festival in James Island Park, Charleston, SC I added a Tahe Greenland T to my collection.
Bio: 66 years old, Male, 6' and 175lbs. I consider myself an intermediate level paddler.

The boat appears very made. Although not heavily built the deck does not deflect when sat on. All bolt heads are capped so will not damage cargo or flesh. Finish, inside and out is superlative. Most of the deck is finished in a slightly rough method. Not enough to be truly non-skid. The seat, all-day comfortable, has a thin, removable pad. An aftermarket back pad maybe welcomed by some. The only fault in build or equipment noted is the thinness of the toggle cords. I have all ready replaced them with a heavier cord. The cockpit is easy to enter, either feet or butt first. Exit, wet or dry is equally easy. Knee braces are perfect for me. I will add some thin padding.

I find initial stability to much better than expected. Secondary is rock steady. Slight edging and the boat turns beautifully. Glide seems to go on forever. The skeg, which operates easily, seems superfluous. The boat does not weathercock. (paddled in winds gusting to 30 knots with waves to 18") Shoulder carries require no special effort. The boat is light and balances well. Car top loading is greatly facilitated due to lightness. Design is beautiful, classic and attracting paddlers and commentary. I am looking forward to getting out in some large seas. I shall use a larger boat with more capacity for camping. Way to go, Tahe Marine.