Submitted: 04-20-2011 by OCD_Yakker
I had my builder install the carbon ONNO skeg kit/system into the Guillemot Night Heron to help it track a bit tighter in winds and quarter beam seas. Therefore, I didn't experience the ease of installation that Wayne did - so can't comment on that.

What I can comment on is the fact that Patrick has designed what I consider to be the finest skeg anywhere. Very smooth deployment/retraction, makes a huge difference when the conditions get challenging, and man, what a fine looking design too. Patrick even when so far as to match the carbon cloth to the same weave that my builder was using too. Slick.

Agree with Wayne that I cannot detect when it is deployed - except in the fact it makes my boat track like it is on rails. Unlike the skeg on my Anas Acuta - this one doesn't slow me down a bit and I can keep it deployed and still keep up with my gal. (who paddles F-A-S-T)
Thanks, Patrick!