Submitted: 04-20-2011 by Cynthia Moon

Now see, I am a woman, and I am v-e-r-y disappointed in this kayak. I moved "up" from a Venus (9'10" SOT made for a woman), which I loved loved LOVED, very maneuverable, is almost like "one" with one's body, one is right there "in" the element... so sad, this Tarpon Ultralite 12. Too long to be maneuverable in tight spots, slim rivers/streams; too bulky, like having a Cadillac in a bar room, doesn't turn fast, etc etc. I turned over in it at least 4 times trying to get it back over waves on the ocean in Sebastian Inlet S.P. yesterday. All my gear fell out many times, had to chase it down in over-my-head water. Also cant get back into it in water over my waist. Very, very, disappointed with this boat. I suppose somebody might want to FISH in it... or do things that are slow-moving... but again, for my exploratory / fun uses, such as estuaries, tributaries, Florida "whitewater" and small streams, and 'surfing' in the ocean ... it's not suitable really.