Submitted: 04-18-2011 by Jeff Rosenkranz

Just like that feisty, salt and pepper haired beachcomer, it was love at first sight. She was a treat for the eyes. She had to be mine.....The RTM Disco. Within a month of discovering this French made SOT, I am the proud owner of this 14ft, 2008, but new Disco. Masthead in FL, offered the Disco @ $619.00 plus $89.00 shipped to St Louis. Harbouroutfitters in NJ offered a better $, but the shipping was higher. Both firms were a pleasure to deal with.

Have been out half a dozen times, lakes, Mississippi river, and the Bay. For a 14ft'er she tracks great, but because of the hull design, [rocker?], she still turns quickly. In and out of creeks that feed the river is a breeze and feels a lot like our two Dimension Spirits, arguably the best, most comfortable SOT's ever made. Head back out across the "ol Miss" and you are across the river before you know it. She is SO much faster than the Spirits, and has a fine entry and exit. Super quiet and graceful in calm water. Had one windy and fast flow day, and the Disco did feel somewhat lively in the rough water, but very stable, and confidence inspiring. We're flooding at this time so I tried 'er on the backside of some bridge piers. She handled the turbulence without distress, then nosing into the flow paddled right up stream with considerable speed. I was amazed. By now, I'm all smiles.

If.....you enjoy going for it, paddling for speed and distance, she's ready to go. Lean forward, sprint, and train. At 195lbs, 6ft, and 57 yrs, I'm just there to be there! I needed a back brace. Actually made one after trying a back band. I'll try to get some pics as it is so comfortable and makes the Disco a pleasure. 50lbs, cartops easily. Hardware, net, and scuppers are first rate. Survived shipping just fine. Looks fantastic, fun to paddle......for me....it's a 10.