Submitted: 04-15-2011 by Reiler

I also purchased the boat from eBay when it was cold and rivers were frozen. After arrival I unpacked the boat and inflated for the first time. For my disappointment, the quality was not what I expected. First there was a significant welding error on one of the side tubes which made the bottom of the boat crooked, secondly, the front spray skirt was not straightly attached (the side tube had a marking for attachment point, but spray skirt was glued ca 5 cm away from that). Apart from low quality accessories (pump, paddles) and these manufacturing defects I was still quite satisfied.

Then on the second water trial I accidentally overinflated the bottom (although using pressure gauge; pressure was under 1.7PSI). I repaired then the hole, but I still had broken the I-beam joint on the floor section. The tracking is very poor as the boat tends to turn left constantly. So poor assembly quality (plus my own over enthusiastic approach) left me without 240. I am totally not satisfied with the product.

Now I purchased Pathfinder XXL inflatable (for 95 on eBay) and compared to Wildwater K2, it is a premium product (especially the floor section, which is much stiffer and seems to be made from stronger PVC). Maybe I was an unfortunate with defective kayak, but from what I've seen, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.