Submitted: 04-14-2011 by TK

I purchased the Otter for my 8 year old daughter 2 years ago; she's 10 now. I found it on sale at Bass Pro Shop for $200. A pretty good deal if you ask me. I paddle with a Perception America 13.5 and my daughter wanted to join me. The performance of the Otter is typical for a short wide kayak...slow and doesn't track very well but that's what these little boats do. However, maneuverability and stability are terrific. In tight areas it is awesome. In fact once up to speed you can almost spin it 180 or more...fun stuff! The seat is nice and together with a folded towel to sit on, you'll be comfortable for miles of paddling.

In summary, I wanted to introduce my daughter to kayaking and give her a positive experience. She has been enjoying her little Otter for two years now. The Otter is perfect for young paddlers. Safe, fun, and durable. The reasonable price makes it a 10 out of 10!