Submitted: 04-12-2011 by Sappony1528

I received my Tarpon 120 angler Kayak about one month ago. I had paddled several other kayaks and decided this one offered all that I was looking for. I saved up my money for about six months a little at time, and then I had to order the kayak and wait three weeks to get it in. Well it was worth the wait. I absolutely love it! I cannot imagine a more perfect boat for me. If you love to fish no matter your location, I highly recommend this boat.

While, I can believe there are certain kayaks/boats out there that are tailored to a specific style of fishing, the Tarpon 120 does it all. I have family in the panhandle of Florida and I have taken this boat on the intercoastal water ways (my favorite) with great results. I also took it out into the surf off the beach on a calm day. It handles great! And, a couple of weeks ago I took it out on a rather big lake in Mississippi. Today I went out on a river. Again, the kayak had stellar performance in ALL areas. I like to canoe in clam areas like swamps and flat water with no wind, but this kayak works well for this as well.

I am about 155 lbs at 5'7" and this is easy for me to handle and I can move at a quick pace and it tracks great. The seat is very comfortable and I have stood up in the yak on several occasions (Haven't fallen in yet, I probably will eventually knowing me). Buying this boat was the best choice, and I have no reservations or even any complaints. The possibilities are endless with this boat. I was able to get it in my favorite color as well... camouflage. So, you can bet your boots I will be using the kayak for slipping into my favorite swampy bow hunting locations as well. The boat can hold tons of cargo. I don't think I could overload it if I tried. I am thinking about mounting a small seat of the front rail system above my feet, so my son can ride with me. (He is too small now, but once he learns to swim and is able to come safely, I will look into it.)

In summary, I feel this is the ultimate outdoorsman's kayak. I could paddle around in this thing all day, and even if I didnít catch a single fish, I would be happy! (which is good for me because that happens more than I would like to admit) This boat gets the highest possible recommendation possible from me. If you choose this boat, you will not be disappointed! I plan to keep this boat for years to come and I might buy another one/two for the rest of the family.