Submitted: 04-11-2011 by adb

I've had The Andromeda for about a year and a half now. Like others have said, it's a thrill every time I get in it. I am an average paddler but this is not a kayak for an absolute beginner. Not a first boat. With that said, this kayak is awesome. Surprisingly, there is plenty of cockpit room for a kayak that is listed as 20.5" wide. I was paddling in the Raritan Bay in New Jersey one day and as I passed by the entrance to a marina during high tide, I found myself in some pretty confused water. There was a submerged jetty under the water causing me to be knocked about. The kayak felt like it was skipping across the top of each wave passing under me. Instead of fighting the water, I relaxed and let the Andromeda do the work. All I had to do was dip a paddle blade in the water here and there for balance and the Andromeda got me safely through. I was really impressed. This fiberglass kayak dances on the water. I can only imagine what it could do if I was more experienced.It's a great all around kayak.