Submitted: 04-08-2011 by Pete

I bought my Ojibway in 1973. I went up to Maine and bought it directly from Old Town. Mine looks similar to the old OLD TOWN C-2's but with out the top. It dosent resemble the modle they sell now. I bought it for white water in the north east. I have a custom made grumman with heavy gage aluminum and no keel. I boufgt the old town because of the flat bottom (no keel) and it weighed half the weight of the grummen. I have used it for class I through class IV in the northeast. it is real fun in rapids and very easy to control, but as with all open boats, it does take on water and i have swam dome of the biggest drops in NE because my canoe swamped. Although I have never wrapped it around a rock, I have cracked it and split the seam a couple times. It is expected and the boat takes fiberglass patching very well. It's almost 40 years old and still hanging in my garage.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: