Submitted: 04-05-2011 by canyoncrawler

Great kit for the price! I have now taken this inflatable in class I-III whitewater, both solo and tandem and it performs quite well. I have had my dog riding with me in class II rivers and he is confident and stable. His footing is more stable than a canoe, and he can walk around without tipping the boat. The self bailing ports do not quite drain fast enough when crashing through long wave trains but I had it over the weight capacity half of he time. When set up for solo it is a nice dry ride and bails fairly quickly.

I have put about 20 river hours on it already, and I have had only 1 problem: One of the D-rings broke while I while I was bearing down hard on the thigh braces. It was at a wave at the bottom of a class III- slide and recovery was easy. The boat is so stable that I didn't come close to tipping. I just replaced it with a caribiner. I would suggest that replacing the D-Rings with $15 worth of caribiners would be a good investment. The boat handles well for its length and it is surprisingly quick. I was able to get a modest sideways surf going a few times and that was the closest that I came to tipping it.

Overall, this is a great boat for the price. If you want to paddle some intermediate whitewater, lakes, or bays, and you do not want to spend a lot money, then this would be a perfect choice for you. I was not expecting such a durable boat for the price and I now own 2 of these. They are only available on Ebay in the US to my knowledge.

Moving water pros: Fast and maneuverable for its size, Stable, Comfortable, Adjustable, Big enough for camping gear, Durable (20+ river hours and no leaks), Dog friendly, Makes a comfortable bed!

Whitewater Cons: Wet ride when loaded to capacity, D-Rings need to be replaced, High winds can blow you around a bit.

A note on the paddles: On my first review, I said that the paddles looked flimsy. I have since, actually TRIED to break one of these paddles while paddling and I cannot do it! While I still do not "trust" them; I will give them more credit than I did before. I used my other paddles on the bigger water and used the included paddle as a spare.