Submitted: 04-05-2011 by BRC

My wife and I recently bought the Versa Board and the Deuce Coupe. We absolutely love both. We have been using them on the lake, and for most things the Deuce Coupe can't be beat. But when the water is flat and shallow, the Versa board comes into its own. The Versa is almost as fast as the Deuce except when it gets choppy, then the wide flat bow really slaps the water and slows it down. Gear storage is possible with the bungees, but you need dry bags. I only point this out because it is a hybrid yak/paddle board. Seating positions with or without the optional seats are comfortable for me, and the deluxe seat I have quick detaches so you can flip it back out of the way for stand-up paddling. Standing is a blast, although at my weight of 215 lbs I notice some flex under my feet in certain sections of the board. This board is very stable, tracks great with the skeg down and is very maneuverable with it up. This will definitely be the one I choose for use is bays and flat water, and can't wait to try it on slower rivers. My wife is planning on using it to follow and assist triathlon swimmers.

Sealline: