Submitted: 04-04-2011 by BRC

Fairly new to kayak ownership, but have rented several. After trying out a couple of demos, my wife and I decided to buy both the Deuce Coupe and the Versa Board. I also own a Wilderness Systems Ride 135. The Deuce is hands down the best of the three for nearly everything. It is very comfortable, holds 500lbs, and is a tandem or solo. We have moved the rear seat forward to the middle position and use it as a solo most of the time. It tracks very well with the skeg down, and with it up the maneuverability compared to the WS Ride is eye-opening. We are using it at the lake, but can't wait to get on a river. Lots of room for storage, but the only real con for me is no large hatch to store gear. I am on my way down to buy a second Deuce this week, since my wife has claimed the first one.