Submitted: 04-04-2011 by Cliff

I purchased my RAM-X 15.8 with transom back, used in 86 & used it all these years. Just gave it to a friend. Loved it. I mostly used a trolling motor on it & never had a problem. Bulky. Yes. Heavy, for sure. Always loaded it my self. Learned a few tricks along the way for loading. Sitting upright, I take my foot & place it in the center of the side rail & rock it till the other side comes up. Grab the side & flip it over. Lift the front up onto the rack & push it up on to truck. Easy load & unload the same.

For stability inside floor, I made a screwdown 1/4" plywood floor. Solid for loading & moving around & not very much added weight. For long time in-use, I also added 2 removable fold-down cushioned boat seats. Nice to have a back to lean on & soft on the butt comfort.

I did a lot of night time fishing all over Lake Mead, NV, lakes in AZ., UT. & even the Snake River in ID so I added port/starboard & aft lighting to be night time legal. Has served well, takes a beating & still going strong. Today I purchased a newer version RAM-X 15, as it is much lighter. Will be adding the plywood floor & fold-down seats & taking it out for a weekend run to see how it is compared to the older one. No trolling motor this time.