Submitted: 03-29-2011 by Mark

I have used this unit for one year fishing mainly saltwater marshes and bays. It tracks very well, dry, and excellent secondary stability. I have both the standard fins and the Turbo ST's but mainly use the standard fins due to water depth. The Turbo fins are faster yet tear easier due to construction. I fished the Hobie Pro Angler for a year also and loved this boat. The only reason I sold it was the weight. I often fish remote spots in La. in the marsh and had trouble getting the kayak to the water when I was by myself. The lighter weight is helpful. I have it rigged with a anchor trolley, Wildcat LED fishing lights, Colored depthfinder, Rod extenders, small ice chest, and a fishbag in the hatch and it handle that weight and my 225lbs superbly. The hatches are tight and are in a good location. I have gone offshore in it and it did ok. I am not impressed with the stability when standing, but will gladly give up that ability for speed and maneuverability. I tend to only keep a kayak for a year because I enjoy experiencing other types of boats. I plan on keeping this one in the fleet due to versatility.I would rate this boat among the very highest I have used.