Submitted: 03-29-2011 by RedFishJax

The Perception Caster 12.5 is my first kayak. I bought it specifically to fish out of. It tracks fairly straight at times, but there are some times that it seems impossible to keep it straight at all. That is the only con I have really found.

It has plenty of storage...front hatch and 2 hatches with dry bags. There is also a nice space in the rear that I keep a milk crate in, and I still have room for other stuff behind that if I want. The location and design of the rod holders is perfect, and all are easy to access. I haven't had any issues with water through the scupper holes...I mean, there is water that comes through but just a little. My butt never gets wet unless a boat gets too close and the wake is very big. I've had one time where the entire kayak filled up with water due to a boat not seeing me around a bend and came about 15-20 feet from me and I almost flipped. I was able to stay up, but the kayak took on as much water as it possibly could. The water eventually made it out through the scupper holes. The main hatch up front only had a small amount of water in it. The 2 hatches with dry bags were just OK. I had a phone and camera in them, and neither was waterproof. The bag felt wet, but it wasn't holding any water in it. The camera and phone both still work, and were only slightly damp.

I've fished for up to 10 hours in a day and found this kayak to be pretty comfortable. My butt hurts a little after sitting too long, but I have managed to be able to stand up in my kayak in calm conditions with no problem, or just get up on my knees if I need to stretch a little without getting out. I am 5'7" and 175 lbs. This kayak is perfect for me, and is a good choice, and does exactly what I need it to do.