Submitted: 03-26-2011 by dgkula

I bought this canoe used recently so that I could do shorter solo trips with a minimum of fuss. My primary use will be scouting for ducks on lakes and rivers in MA in the spring & summer, and paddling to and from blinds during duck season. I have the kevlar UL layup which weighs less than 30 lbs. and makes getting it on/off the car and in/out of the water a breeze. This is critical - it is so light that it is very, very easy to handle alone.

I will use this canoe often for short trips (1 - 2 hours) just because it is so lightweight. When it warms up I plan on taking my 3.5 year old for short trips too and think that there will be ample space for her in front of the footbrace if I can get her to stay mostly still :) There is sufficient room for my duck hunting gear as well.

I took the canoe out for her first trip this morning and had a very nice time. I paddled upstream for 40 minutes and then back downstream to my starting point in 20. I used a kayak paddle with the seat in the low position. The canoe tracked well and was nice and maneuverable with very good stability. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more and look forward to many more outings.

I would recommend this canoe to anyone looking for a very light canoe with good tracking, stability and maneuverability.