Submitted: 03-23-2011 by bryan k

I recently purchased the xp 9,and have had it on the flat,and in some moderate fast current.The kayak is perfect. It glides very well on the flats, and with the drop skeg it tracks very nicely. You can instantly tell when you lift the skeg back up...the boat just starts to spin(unless you paddle out of it).

One thing that bothered me was the center wall support that has to remain in the cockpit.I thought this was for shipping,and initially removed it. Even paddled without it several times, and seemed fine, however after inquiring about the seat track which popped up while sitting in the kayak L.L. stated that the center wall is crucial to the boat integrity... I guess so the bow can't collapse if hitting a big drop,or boof??? So there goes the great space for storage in the bow....I thought it was funny how no one else talked about this feature...the front center wall.

Overall this boat is awesome... I have had many rec boats and they have such a pointed tip front and back which makes the boat very tippy on things like log crossings,and such if creeking. This bottom has rounded tips...great design. very happy so far.