Submitted: 03-21-2011 by JSS

I bought this boat after a friend bought a Pelican boat like this one. If I had known how much fun fishing out of a kayak was I would have bought it a long time ago.

I have had this boat now for about three years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The sights we have seen and the fish we have caught I would not trade it for nothing. I am a heavy weight, 280-300 lbs. and because this the boat rides a little low in the water. I would estimate that the water line comes up to within 4-4.5" of the top of the gunwell. But I have tried to get it to flip and it would take a lot to do so or a lot of water inside the boat would make it easy.

I have recently decided to buy a new boat and was going to sell it but I just could not bring myself to sell it. To buy this boat equipped and spend $450-$500 is a deal it is well worth the money in experiences and pleasure and of course the fishing ain't bad either. This boat was my first and the first fishing trip we paddled from one end of the lake to the other and wore me out!!

It has ample storage and plenty of places for fishing rods. The seat and the wet ride are the only drawbacks. I traded up on the seat for better back support. As far as the wet ride... well this is a water sport!!