Submitted: 03-15-2011 by BiPolar

Picked up a 2010 model for $750; used only once. It was too good of a deal to pass up, but I was hoping for more of a river boat. This is the 16.6 royalex version. The Bell site states 2.5" of rocker. Not sure how they are measuring this, but it has much less than my Mad Rivers 2.5".

It is wet in CIIs, however, I still love this boat...It has better tracking and glide than any royalex boat I have paddled (mostly MR and OT). The quality is the best among those as well. I solo more than tandem with this, and on a wide river, I get along quickly and easily. the kneeling thwart works great and the tumblehome is your friend if your a loner. I did taking it fishing a few times, and my buddy raved over the increased leg room in the bow over my other two 16 footers. Stability is great too.

Overall, for what most people do (lakes and calm rivers) I think this is the best family all-rounder. If you truly paddle (not just intend to) II+s this is not quite the right boat.