Submitted: 08-09-2000 by MWK

The glide is not a boat for those without a mechanically good roll. All of the elements of the roll should be in place before you hit some big water. This is because of the seemingly 90 degree primary chime and high wall parallel to the cockpit. However, as many have experienced "what is stable upside down, hence hard to roll, is also hard to flip" and easy to brace. I consider myself to be a strong class three boater with some 4 experince but only thanks to a friend who can boat. To that end, this boat is sick in some water. It can handle holes right side up like few can, that I have paddled. I gave it an eight because I don't like the sharpness of the ends i guess thats subjective but it is also hard to outfit perfectly which is a must with its rolling difficulty. Bottom Line: Great play boat and I have used it for creeking on several occasions. Either be a badass on some hairy water or be a novice with a good roll on 2-3s or you will see some carnage as I have experienced.