Submitted: 03-14-2011 by yaker77

I don't know how anyone could say this boat is tippy, if you need something less tippy than an Exhilarator, try a raft. A group of three friends got together and bought an Exhilarator each. We vary in size and weight from tall and heavy to medium and light. None of us has ever tipped one, even in choppy water and swells.

I've owned the Exhilarator for a year now. It's fine for calmer water and rolling swells. Its a good boat for beginners, stable and maneuverable. The flat wide hull that gives it its stability does have the downside that choppy water throws it about a bit. The only other con is that the cockpit level is a bit high out of the water making solo re-entry a little difficult, that said it is achievable with practice.

Overall, this boat is fine for messing around in surf, fishing and casual touring