Submitted: 03-03-2011 by dsdkyk

I have paddled Gliders for six years. Presently, I own two, an '05 Kevlar model and an '08 CF/Kevlar model. Previously, I paddled Neckys, and Current Designs. Over the years I've had the opportunity to paddle boats from other North American brands, as well as those of the major three British imports. In my experience, the Glider is the best all around touring kayak available. It is faster than any other touring kayak (with the single possible exception of the Epic 18). The paddler-friendly sculpted deck increases stroke efficiency and its ability to surf wind waves can further extend touring range considerably. Paddling into a stiff wind, while never painless, is easier. Further, the Glider is remarkably stable and maneuverable.

Seda's workmanship is good. There is ample storage for expedition or multi-day touring and the day hatch is a tremendous convenience. I don't need a new kayak. however, were I to buy one, it would be a Glider.