Submitted: 02-22-2011 by sternman
Received my Novorca CF Greenland paddle a few weeks ago and so far it's been a pleasure to use. At first it was during a rolling demo. The paddle is very buoyant and slices through the water with ease. I had concerns about the finish being slippery but so far not a problem. After that, two trips on the Bay where it really shined. I think it even added a few more horsepower to my stroke.

The paddle is plenty stiff but yet flexes ever so slightly during powerful strokes. Having several cedar paddles this feels quite natural for me. The blades are comfortable in the hands as well as the loom. I ordered the shouldered model with rectangular cross section which feels very secure and the indexing is instant no matter what's going on. The paddle is quiet and glides through the water like butter. It's very efficient and very light. Those twenty mile trips should be even more fun. Ron's attention to detail is top notch and he is very easy to work with. He is willing to go the extra mile to make the customer happy without fuss. The paddle was also delivered earlier than expected. I added a splash of color which makes the black carbon even more attractive. Ron seems willing to make each paddle unique without extra charge.

Every where I go my paddle gets compliments and now we have placed another order for my wife. If you want a functional work of art at a reasonable price give Ron Steinwall at Novorca a call. I'm very pleased with mine.