Submitted: 02-18-2011 by Shawn Waddell

I was recently in the Market for a used AIRE Lynx 2 when I stumbled upon this kayak. It came with:
1 foot bellows pump, 2 seats, 2 3-pocket cargo hold/bottle holders, 2 foot braces, 3 break down paddles, 2 detachable skegs, 2 removable tubes, 1 basic patch kit, multiple d rings, 1 spare b-valve , 1 bag to carry it all in
That's a lot of stuff for $350, so I was wary of the quality. After talking to the seller, I agreed to have one shipped to me.

Initial Impression:
The box weighs a little over 50 pounds with all the above accessories. When I opened the box the first thing I noticed was the paddles. The seller told me that they were not "great" paddles and I would agree. They are, however, very light and would be fine for flat water or spares. I opened the mesh case, unrolled the kayak, and had it outfitted and inflated in less than 15 minutes. It looks good! I inflated it to 1.7 psi and it was surprisingly rigid. The seats looked basic, but had good support and good storage.So far I am very happy. for $350 I am still skeptical... My wife and my dog and I took it down to the river. We did not use the skegs but it paddled pretty straight for an inflatable. It did not have much glide though as with almost all inflatables. It held me (200lbs)my wife(98lbs) and my dog(70lbs)just fine and was stable even with my dog pacing around. The next week, My dog and I paddled around the lake for 4 hours and had a blast! The skegs help a lot when the wind is blowing and gives it a bit more glide. I used my gps to calculate my mph and on a normal stroke I was getting about 3.5 mph and a hard stroke was about 6mph. Not too bad...

I have now purchased some thigh braces and I am ready for some whitewater. It has rained 2 inches tonight so expect an update later. So far I give it a 9 and I doubt that you could find a better all around kayak with as many accessories for under $400 ANYwhere.

Pros:
1100 Tough Denier Material.
Comes with everything you need to get in the water in 15 minutes.
2 or 1 man configuration.
Super stable
So comfortable I nearly fell asleep
Price
Looks cool

Cons:
Paddle is not the best, but I have had no problems as of yet.
I don't trust Boston Valves, but I bought spares and it came with 1 spare. No problems as of yet.
Does not come with a pressure gauge and I could see somebody trying to over-inflate it with bad results (get a $20 manometer and be safe)