Submitted: 02-16-2011 by Goose

I bought the Pursuit 100 sit in spray skirt to help tackle some class 1 and 2 rapids at home in Arkansas. Though I do like the skirts material, and it's capabilities, I must say the intended application is flawed... The use of 1/4" bungee cord did not prove to be sufficient for even simple dry storage access..
  1. Although I did not pursue this method i have heard of folks applying a level of silicone to the under side of the cockpit lip to achieve a better grip. (paddlers wax can also be a quick fix)
  2. My modification was simple. I removed the lack luster 1/4" bungee, noticing that it had been intentionally crochet hooked to reveal some of the rubber cord to add grip. Instead, I suggest, as I have done, replace the 1/4", with 7/16" or 1/2" bungee, as these sizes provide a snug fit, while eliminating the need to crochet anything. A simple cinch knot on both ends takes the place of plastic clips for me.
    This larger bungee is available at local hardware stores by the foot