Submitted: 02-10-2011 by gohankgo
My 10 plus year old Looksha IV has been my favorite plastic to paddle. I bought it second hand from someone that didn't want a 17 ft boat for the narrow rivers of Florida. It was a dream for me. For the price it's unbeatable. It's speed and tracking is great - I learned without a rudder and never need one. Turning in narrow waters when stopped is a chore as with any long boat. I have paddled lots of other kayaks and always enjoy the Looksha. Unless you are willing to spend big bucks for a high tech hull, it's hard to beat this boat.

Usually when fishing I'll opt for a SOT, however if I need to make a long paddle to fish an area, I have no problem getting there quicker using my Looksha. I learned to kayak fish using it so I'm used to it. For the beginner be cautious as it's a bit tippy when fighting a fish. Plus it's hard to outfit for multiple fishing rods.