Submitted: 08-07-2000 by GPR

Just finished an Osprey 13 for my 10 year old daughter. She oftens kayaks with my wife and I, but soon tires out in her plastic boat. After talking to the folks at Pygmy, I decided to build the Osprey for her. I couldn't be happier. Maiden voyage last week on a mountain lake in Oregon. The boat was paddled by 6 different kids, ranging in age from 8 to 14. The Verdict? A big hit. Lots of comments from people on the shore. Boat moves quickly and tracks true with a minimum of effort. The proof came on a 4 mile paddle in a 10 knot breeze. In her plastic boat, our daughter would have lasted about a mile or so, then would have needed a tow. On this trip, we struggled to keep up with her. BTW. The 12 year old borrowed her plastic boat, and needed a tow the last mile or so...his comment "My arms are tired" 9 out of 10 because I cannot fit in it to try it myself!