Submitted: 02-02-2011 by terry

I picked up a prowler trident 15 last summer (1500$$$) i did some looking around i tried out some yaks but when ever i would try out a different yak it seam SOT were the ones being pushed and the trident 15 was the mercedes of the OK industry. So now being caught up in the trident bananza I raced out to my local dealer without a test ride!! and it was mine the whole shebang rudder,hatches,fishfinder everything this kayak could handle.

I rigged my vessel for HEAVY SALT WATER CONDITIONS i fish for fluke bass weakfish bluefish pretty much everything you can fish for in NJ .I had my best gear in the SEA KING going after some fluke in the RIVER MILD BOAT WAKE ON A WEEKDAY! So now im paddling getting soaked waters busting all over the thing and i figured ehh these wave are pretty big ok i understand and no faster then i get to my fishing grounds im flipped over fast as anything by a wave no higher then my "SEA KING" all my gear gone paddle snapped and a 8in filet knife in my leg up to the handle so after i was save by the coast guard and stitched up my yak was in the paper loaded for 500$!!!! i lost at least 900$ but i didn't care you cant enjoy an unsafe yak this summer is coming fast and i learned my lesson i got to step up to a wider OK maybe around 34 inches wide WARNING DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN PUMP YOU WILL END UP DUNKED!!

Yak Pads: